Creamy baked Feta Pasta is a mouthwatering dish that combines the rich creaminess of feta cheese with the comforting flavors of pasta. This delightful recipe has gained immense popularity due to its irresistible cheesy goodness and the ease of preparation. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delectable meal that will satisfy even the most discerning taste buds.
To begin, gather the necessary ingredients: pasta of your choice, ripe cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic cloves, dried herbs like oregano or basil, red pepper flakes for a hint of spice, and of course, a block of feta cheese.
Serve the creamy baked feta pasta hot, garnished with fresh herbs and an extra sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a touch of heat. It pairs wonderfully with a side salad or crusty bread. Prepare to indulge in a truly satisfying and cheesy culinary experience that will leave you craving for more.
Ingredients: Baked Feta Pasta
To prepare creamy baked feta pasta, follow these ingredients:
Tomatoes cherry or grape, 2 pt.
1 shallot, cut into quarters
12 cups of extra virgin olive oil, divided, and 3 crushed garlic cloves
Chopped red pepper flakes in a pinch
1 block (8 oz) of feta
3 freshly cut thyme sprigs
10 oz. uncooked pasta
1 lemon’s additional zest
Garnished with fresh basil
How to cook Baked feta Pasta:
Step 1: Set the oven to 400 degrees. With the exception of 1 tablespoon oil, combine tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and a large ovenproof skillet. Toss to blend after adding salt and red pepper flakes.
Step 2 :Arrange the feta in the middle of the tomato mixture and add the final tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle thyme leaves over the tomatoes. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until feta is golden and tomatoes are exploding.
Step 3: In the meantime, cook the pasta as directed on the package in a big pot of salted boiling water. Before draining the pasta, save 12 cup of the water.
Step 4: Add cooked pasta, saved pasta water, and any more lemon zest (if using) to the skillet containing the tomatoes and feta cheese. Stir to mix. Add basil as a garnish.
Baked Feta Pasta
By following these culinary recommendations and instructions, you can create a creamy baked feta pasta that is bursting with flavor and guaranteed to please your palate. Enjoy!
- When creating baked feta pasta, there are a few culinary tips and recommendations that may help you achieve the best results.
- Choose a block of feta cheese of the highest caliber first. A creamy, wonderful feta will be the star of this recipe, so look for it when you’re shopping.
- To enhance the flavors, think about marinating the cherry tomatoes before cooking. For a period of 10 to 15 minutes, stir them with olive oil, minced garlic and dried herbs before sautéing. This stage allows the tomatoes to take in the flavors and develop into even more delicious fruits.
- When sautéing the garlic and cherry tomatoes, be mindful of the heat. Cook the garlic over medium heat to prevent it from burning and becoming bitter. Stir frequently when cooking to produce even cooking and prevent sticking.
- Gently mix the cooked pasta and sauce together to avoid breaking the noodles. Toss the pasta and sauce together in a large bowl, being sure to coat each strand of spaghetti with the delectable sauce.
- Before putting the feta cheese block in the baking dish, think about lightly scoring it with a knife. The finished dish will be more flavorful as a result of the tastes’ improved ability to penetrate the cheese.
- To ensure that the feta cheese doesn’t dry out while baking, keep an eye on it. To prevent harm to the dish, cover it loosely with aluminum foil if the cheese seems to be browning too quickly.
- Finally, after removing the baked feta pasta from the oven, give it some time to cool. This will simplify serving and help flavors combine.
Can you use crumbled feta cheese to make this?
Yes, crumbled feta will still work as long as it is kept stacked in the center to produce a melty consistency.
Can you use another kind of cheese to create this?
Yes, I gave it a try with goat cheese, and it yields a perfectly creamy texture. However, the cook time may vary depending on how big the cheese block is. High grade, full-fat ricotta has also reportedly been successful.
What sort of pasta suits this recipe the best?
I’ve seen it done using bow ties, spaghetti, penne, and other ingredients. I genuinely don’t believe there is an incorrect pasta shape to utilize. To help the sauce adhere to more of the pasta, I do like shapes with curves or corners.
How long is this good for?
The best way to serve this pasta is right from the baking dish. If there are any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container to eat within the following several days.
In conclusion, creamy baked feta pasta is a culinary delight that combines the creamy richness of feta cheese with the comforting flavors of pasta. Its popularity stems from the irresistible combination of flavors and textures, making it a go-to dish for cheese and pasta lovers alike.
With just a handful of quality ingredients and simple preparation steps, you can create a dish that is both satisfying and delicious. The creamy feta cheese, infused with the flavors of garlic and herbs, pairs perfectly with the tender pasta and juicy cherry tomatoes. The baking process brings everything together, resulting in a creamy, cheesy, and flavorful masterpiece.
Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight meal or a dish to impress your guests, creamy baked feta pasta is a fantastic choice. Its versatility allows for customization with additional ingredients, giving you the freedom to experiment and make it your own.